Singapore Association of Ski Instructor (SASI) Level One Course
(Program backed by BASI - British Association of Snowsport Instructors)
November, December 2016 and January 2017
Snow City Singapore, 21 Jurong Town Hall Road Snowcity Building Singapore 609433
David W. Murrie
BASI Level 4 (ISTD) qualification, Level 3 Professional Snowsports Instructor License IASI
The purpose of the course was to train a local team of ski instructors in Singapore, qualified to deliver quality ski and snowsports training for skiers at the facilities available in Singapore. Further the broader aims of the program was also to help trainees improve their skiing knowledge and skills, increase confidence in their skiing and to promote and improve the level of skiing and ski training in Singapore.
- The course took place over ten days, lasting a total of 40 hours in duration.
- The program comprised of a training, theory and evaluation phase.
- Intensive training period comprised of numerous demonstrations that had to be successfully conducted and performed by the candidates according to the criterion.
- During the theory lesson, candidates were taught movement analysis and how to spot good and bad skiing technique in themselves and their students.
- A four day evaluation segment assessed teaching abilities as well as personal performance.
- All candidates honed and demonstrated their teaching skills, showing the necessary level of personal ski performance necessary to meet the criterion of the various aspects of the course.
- Photo and video evidence was collected and submitted to the British Association of Snowsports Instructors and International Ski Instructors Association.
- Strength and skills deficiencies were highlighted to candidates to help them fine tune their instruction and technique.
- Certificates were awarded to candidates and the Singapore Association of Ski Instructors was formed
- The course curriculum and structure was formalized for subsequent implementations of future level one ski instructor courses in Singapore.
The course was a success with an overall 100% pass rate. The trainees improved their personal skiing performance as well as gained the knowledge and skills necessary for how to conduct ski lessons at the facilities available in Singapore.
To build on this momentum, Snow City and SportQuest are currently planning another level one ski instructor course in the second half of 2017 to train more ski instructors in Singapore. SportQuest is also working with BASI to conduct a level two ski instructor course in New Zealand.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can sign up for the next SASI Ski Instructor course!